Beardy Man at Roskilde Festival 08

So I'm of to Roskilde Festival and I'm really disappointed by the music this year - the musical choice is really weak compared to other years. Usually my friends and I get hyped about the different bands we're going to see, but this year its sort of a *meh* feeling. My list of bands that are watch-worthy this year are the following:

BEARDYMAN (UK) , BOY BETTER KNOW (UK), CASIOKIDS (N), THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS (UK), DAN DEACON (US), DJ BANEL (DK), DSL (FR), FAMILJEN (S), FANFARA TIRANA (ALB), FEDDE LE GRAND & FRIENDS (NL), FREDNUKES (DK), GNARLS BARKLEY (US), GOSSIP (US), JAY-Z (US), KENGE KENGE (KEN), PRESS PLAY ON TAPE (DK), RADIOHEAD (UK), THE STREETS (UK)

But amongst all these bands there's only one name I'm really really looking forward to. That's Beardyman a human beatboxer. After watching some of his videos online I'm awestruck by this man's talent. And I can't wait to see him perform.

Here's a sample of some of his shenanigans:



Here's a link to an interview he did with Tim Shaw on UK radio. Just listen to it - its fucking amazing the sounds Beardyman can produce with his voice, especially the way he's able to reverse any word and scratch it. Wait until 2.17 minutes into the interview to hear this.

Tim Shaw interview

No comments: